I tend to need stimulation. So I climb my mast alone and drive over to the pump out and back in to my slip alone. It’s a puzzle.
i worked on the top of my mast today. Something told me the main sheave would free up. It took about an hour of getting situated. The main halyard is my most trusted – brand new -but I had to I weight it. The other halyards, questionable. One is good. I use it as the back up. I clinched myself to the mast head with a strap and then relieves pressure on the jakyard. I had already hoisted my bucket of tools up on a bad halyard. It took me a few tries to get this down. I tied all the tools into the bucket on lanyards. I brought up a hammer, drill, penetrating oil, and tape. I was able to free it. I would weight it with my body weight and slowly freed it. It wasn’t completely free but after another hour I got tired. It was a puzzle figuring out how to undo myself and get back down safely. I wanted to always be connected to two things. I need some more carribeeners. I was able to do it but more would make it much easier. When I got down I figured out how to winch the glazed against itself to apply an immense amount of grabbing and rotating force to the sheave, which now has it rotating really well. There are four total. The other three are completely bonded to the mast head. So much so it almost looks like they are all one piece! But they are not the sheaves are supposed to rotate independently. I will eventually have to have Matthew take the mast down and re rig everything. Before then, it’ll just be main only and possible a jerry rigged jib. But atlwast I can sail! To Monterey! In my home!!!!!
well I just got the other sheave free. Two out of four isn’t bad. I’ll eventualky need to fix the rest. They are bonded. Hard. Maybe they should stay that way.